Friday, April 8, 2011

Hole in the Street

I visited the store to pick up some goods for the home. Got some "ironite" to make the grass green. Also picked up caulk and spackle to seal up the walls in our bedroom. On the way home, I witnessed a disturbing incident.

A white van in front of me was taking a right turn down a major road. All of a sudden, the grate on top of the drain in the street came loose. The van wheel went down into the drain. The tire smashed onto side wall of the drain going flat.

The truck wheel made it out of the drain. But the van lost control for a moment, sending the vehicle up over the curb. What was more amazing was that the van punched it came back over the curb onto the street. The it kept driving, flat tire and all!

When I got home, I figured I had better call the police. The 411 phone service gave me the wrong number for the local police. I had to look them up on the Internet. I got patched through to the state police, then transferred to the state agency that fixes things on the roads like drains. I warned everyone I knew to avoid that intersection due to the loose drain grate. Freaky I tell ya.

No comments: