Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cable Upgrade

Our cable TV provider informed us they were doing an upgrade to digital cable. At first I ignored their warning. They most of the TVs in our house stopped working. I read the document from the cable company. They said our TVs would need converter boxes. Oh oh. This sounded like a ploy for more money from me.

The cable company said they would provide three free converter boxes. I signed up and they came in the mail pretty quickly. I set up one of the boxes in the basement. The TV screen said I needed to call the cable company once all the boxes were hooked up. It took a few days to hook the kids' TVs up to the new boxes.

I went online and "activated" our boxes. The basement TV and Kit Kat's TVs came on. They had more channels than before. Looks like digital cable is not that bad. Little Kat's TV just showed a "wait" message. We waited a long time. Then Little Kat thought he might have plugged in the wrong cable.

Little Kat has two cable wires in his room: one live cable TV, and one dead one. We switched the cables, reactivated his converter online, and he is in business. Now the kids and basement get a lot more channels. Life is good for now.

No comments: