Thursday, November 24, 2011

Japanese Steak House

I took a friend to a Japanese steak house I used to visit at my previous job. Momoko protested that she was never taken there. So today we went. The whole family was in tow. It was a 30 minutes drive there in the rain. I drove Momoko's car there.

We got there and got a big "table" all to ourselves. I ordered for our family. The kids got Hibachi chicken. I got shrimp. And Momoko got filet mignon. We all opted for fried rice. Good choice. The meal started with some Japanese soup and salad. The family commented that the soup tasted like a variety of meats.

After a long wait, our chef came out and cooked in front of us. He fried up the rice on the grill before us. I think the secret ingredient was garlic butter. He asked the kids if they wanted sesame seeds on their chicken. He also asked both kids if they wanted him to toss a piece of chicken into their mouths from the grill. Both Little Kat and Kit Kat declined.

I loved their white seafood sauce. Everything tastes better in it. Kit Kat and Momoko agreed. Little Kat liked the ginger meat sauce the best. He took a bunch home. The bill at the place was high. They also automatically add a tip. It was worth it though.

No comments: