Sunday, November 20, 2011

Shattered Glass

Today I went outside and started collecting the leaves. Used the leaf blower to clear the big driveway. Then I ran the lawnmower to pick up the leaves in the front yard. Next I headed to the back yard. I had so many bags filled with leaves that I figured I better stack them up.

While stacking the leaf bags on the patio, I saw what looked like frost on the patio sliding glass door. That could not be right. It was warm outside. As I touched the glass door, the glass started falling down onto the ground. It was was not frost I saw. It was shattered glass.

Upon closer inspection, I saw what looked like a hole from some sort of projectile in the glass. Luckily only the outer pane of glass has shattered. The inner pane was still intact. I had to break out the rest of the glass from the outer pane. Then I picked up all that glass. It really shattered into a lot of small pieces.

The rest of the back yard will have to wait. Glass clean up took a long time.