Friday, November 25, 2011

Cameras Acquired

Little Kat and I did some Black Friday shopping today. We had Momoko wake us up at 3:00am. I ate some breakfast. Somebody dranks all the coca cola in the house. So I had to settle for orange juice.

There was nobody on the road. I guess our neighbors do not shop Black Friday. We drove up to the entrance at the mall where the sold the electronics we wanted to buy. Little Kat thought they would open the doors a little before the offical 4:00am opening. There were already a lot of cars in the parking lot, and a long line in front of the doors.

I waited with Little Kat in the car until the doors opened. Then we got out and ran into the store. An employee told us the cameras we wanted were down in merchandise pickup. He said we needed to ring up the item and pick them up afterwards. While waiting in line, I saw a dude get a camera from a display in the corner. I tried to act calm for a few minutes and not call attention to it. Then I told Little Kat to walk over and grab a camera for Momoko.

Later, a woman found the cameras Little Kat wanted behind one of the displays. Again I played it cool. After a short wait I had Little Kat go pick up his camera. Unfortunately the electronics were our only win. We tried to get Little Kat a winter coat. He was unable to use the zipper on any of them. No wonder they were selling them really cheaply. We left the coats at the store and came home. Now the family is going to "5 and Below" for some super bargains.

No comments: