Saturday, November 12, 2011

Prices Going Up

Kit Kat returned from her roadside cleaup activity this afternoon. She reported that there were many strange items on the side of the road by her school. This list of discarded items included an old computer, a small step ladder, and even a FAX machine. What the heck?

Kit Kat said she had a coupon for 20% at the local book store. She wondered whether Momoko could drive her there. Since Momoko stayed up late last night to prepare for her all day conference today, I told her the answer would be no. Instead I decided to drive Kit Kat to the book store.

There was a large amount of traffic out for it being a weekend. At the store I browsed the magazine section. I was shocked at the prices for the magazines. Some were $10, $15, and $20 for a single magazine. Sure some of these only come out once a quarter. But twenty bucks? I don't think so. I will look the info up online. I did find a couple broke down magazines for $4, but I left them in the store. Sure enough, Kit Kat got her 20% off at the register. At least somebody got a deal.

No comments: