Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cable Testing

We had a large amount of rennovations done in the house this past month. It is time to move back into the rooms that got paint and new carpet. Kit Kat built her new furniture. I brought up a new TV she got too. But the thing would not work when I hooked up the cable.

I recall that Little Kat's cable was working fine in his room. So I brought Kit Kat's cable converter box over to Little Kat's room. Unfortunately Little Kat is out of the state visiting his dad. I had to bring up Little Kat's new TV into his room to test Kit Kat's converter. The test required a bunch of electrical outlet. Easy right? Nope.

First I had to move Little Kat's bunk bed to get to the outlet. Then I tried to screw in one of those outlet expanders that turns two outlets into six. The thing would not screw in no matter what I tried. Eventually Momoko brought me a different outlet expander that worked. This was after an hour or so of struggling.

The good news is that Kit Kat's cable box tested fine. Then I moved everything into Kit Kat's room and determined that her cable outlet on the wall was not working. Time to involve the cable company to fix it. Strangely enough, the basement cable is not working either.
Last I know, Little Kat moved the XBox 360 game system away from the basement TV. So I called him up, asking about the location of the cable converter box downstairs. Little Kat sent me a text informing me that the box fell behind the dresser. Fail. Momoko also did a search and found the cable remote control on Little Kat's desk upstairs. Double fail. I guess I will need the cable company to sort out the basement cable problems too.

No comments: