Friday, July 6, 2012

Car Maintenance

My oil change has been overdue. Just been too busy these days. Yesterday I tried to go to the local Jiffy Lube. They were closed. Figured it was due to the holiday. I went back today at lunch. There were people there. But they were out of power. Go figure.

I recalled there was another Jiffy Lube by my office. So I went there and got lucky. Only one guy was in front of me. I told them to change my oil. They tried to upsell me on a lot of products. I denied most of them. Then they said my coolant was low. They offered to top it off for four bucks. I agreed.

Many people came in after me. The guy told each of them the same story. Coolant was low. Four bucks to top it off. Typical scam. I got to be more vigilant to say no to these things. I don't blame the guys who work there. They apparently are required to upsell one out of every four customers. Otherwise they are fired.

There was one interesting moment today. En route to the first Jiffy Lube, I was going down a one way street. I wanted to make a left turn. So I checked the lane next to me. One guy was turning. Seemed like an opportunity. The guy behind him sped up though. Then I noticed him hitting the brakes. That was odd. But I found out why. Some car was coming down the wrong way of the one way street. Ooops.

1 comment:

Momoko said...

I can't believe you said yes to a scam! You must have been extremely tired that day.