Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Installer Lies

This weekend the shed delivery guys came. They told me the entire job would take three and a half hours. During the first hour, I looked out the window. I saw the main guy nailing the floor boards. Another installer put a sheet of plywood up on the fence. That's an important observation. You will see why later.

A whopping six hours later, the guys said they were done. The main dude said the back vinyl siding got damaged. They will have to come back and fix that. I pointed out some other issues. He fixed some of them. Then I saw that my fence behind the shed was down on the ground.

I alerted the main installer to the problem. He asked whether it was broken before they arrived. I told him, "Of course not." Then he stated that they did not touch the fence. I told him that I saw his man put the plywood up against a standing fence.

Then the slacker went into damage control. He pushed one of the fence poles, saying that the fence was flimsy. I took him down to an area of the fence that was nowhere near the shed. I demonstrated how sturdy the poles were concreted into the ground.

Today the company called and asked for the final payment on the shed. I told them they had to address a number of issues before they get a penny more out of me. One of the main issues was this fence debacle. Let's hope they do the right thing.

No comments: