Saturday, July 14, 2012

Contractor Error

I have a pair of handymen I use to fix up the house. They are brothers. Their rates are low. And they know what they are doing. Since they are also good guys, I swing work their way when I can. Previously they made our master bedroom bathroom beautiful. Now I have them rennovating the kids bedrooms and bathroom.

We spent a furious night cleaning out Kit Kat's room to preapre for handyman work. I told Kit Kat to unplug her cable box from the wall. The boys were painting Kit Kat's room a darker shade a violet. They needed everything out.

After they painted the walls, the result did not look good. There were splotches of paint on the walls. I asked my handyman how could we fix that. He said a second coat of paint should do the trick. He was right. The walls look great now. Before finishing the room, he asked whether they should hook up the land line phone to a jack.

I told the boys that Kit Kat does not use a land line. She only has a cable wire. I pointed to where the cable jack normally is in the wall. There was no cable jack. I had Kit Kat come upstairs to confirm. There used to be a cable jack there. One of the boys took the cable jack cover off. Then they patched over the opening and painted over top. Doh!

The next day the boys went outside and figured where the cable enters the house. Then they cut through the patched wall to reconnect the cable jack. Whew.

No comments: