Monday, September 3, 2012

Almost Missing ParaNorman

Momoko decided that the family would go watch the movie ParaNorman this Labor Day. We are busy people. We hardly ever get to see the movies any more. Time to take advantage of the holiday. Kit Kat even scheduled her outing with her friends around our movie time.

Last night Momoko brought up the fact that Little Kat is no longer doing his 20 minutes of reading each weekday. He got off track this summer and just stopped. So Momoko is requiring Little Kat to read. She also is having him make up some of the time he skipped this summer. Today he was scheduled to read a whole hour. I told Little Kat he would need to read the hour, then prove to me he read. Otherwise we would go to the movies without him. Little Kat asked how he could produce such proof. I told him he could write up a short three sentence book report and present it to me.

I stayed up all night studying for my college class. It is only week two, and it is getting hard. That is a good thing. That means we are forced to learn the difficult stuff. I got to be around 6am. I needed to wake up with enough time to review Little Kat's reading before we went to the movies. When I went to Little Kat, he said he was unable to print out his book report. The printer was apparently not working.

No problem. I told Little Kat to bring me his Kindle so I could read his book and quiz him on the contents. He then came over and said he could not find his book on his Kindle. What? Apparently Little Kat read the book using his phone. I told him he better load the book up on his Kindle if he wanted to see the movie.

Little Kat went through all kinds of efforts to download the book to his Kindle. This should not be a problem. I paid for his eBook copy of Fahrenheit 451. He eventually got it. I quickly read the pages he said he read. Luckily Little Kat knew the material. This made us a bit late for the movie. We made Kit Kat use the interstate to make up the lost time.

No comments: