Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Minecraft Server

Little Kat wanted Momoko to sign up for a recurring credit card charge. This was to pay for his Minecraft server. I guess that is some type of rented computer space out there on the Internet. They also probably provide some tools that let you set up a virtual Minecraft world that you can control. The thing would cost about seven bucks a month.

Momoko asked me for guidanceon whether this was a good idea. I told her that it would be better if Little Kat could figure out how to set up his own Minecraft server on his laptop or desktop computer. Little Kat said he tried many times. However other people were unable to connect up to his servers. The servers were also way too slow to host the Minecraft game.

I told Little Kat that he should try for a few more months to get s server up and running. If he cannot figure this out before my college class is over, then I would come in and give him some support. If we together could not figure it out, I told him we could eventually help him sign up for the recurring cost of a rented server.

No comments: