Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back in Business

I had downloaded the latest copy of the Dragonvale game onto my iPhone. The thing had problems. Momoko said she did not have problems with the upgrade. Then I found out that she actually did have problems, just not on her brand new iPhone 4S. I have the ancient iPhone 3GS. Seems the new game requires a modern version of the iPhone operating system(iOS).

So I finally decided to install the new iOS 5 on my iPhone. You would think that would be an easy thing. No such luck. I first downloaded the iTunes software onto my PC. Then I tried to upgrade my iPhone's operating system. The program kept complaining that I had not transferred the apps I bought onto my PC. That made sense since I recently got a new PC. But I vould not figure out how to do it.

After doing some Google searches, I found out how to transfer the apps from my phone to computer. Then I was good to go. The kids said the iOS upgrade would take a long time. Seemed to run for about an hour. Then I got the phone and saw there were no apps. What? Oh yeah. I had to transfer them back from the computer to the phone. Okay.

Next I tried to transfer my music and photos. Oooops. They were not on my computer. Guess they got lost during the upgrade. Dang. I had some good music too. Luckily I don't think I actually paid for any of that music. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. Now I found some new problems. The phone would not connect to my wireless Internet router. A reboot of the phone seemed to fix that.

Finally I launched my Dragonvale game on my computer. Looks like the thing works now that I upgraded the iOS. I was able to gift some gems to my friends in the game. Been a long time since I have been able to do that. Now that I have iOS version 5, maybe I don't need to upgrade the iPhone hardware to the new iPhone 5 that is coming out later this month. Hmmm.

No comments: