Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Avengers Cometh

I have been awaiting the release of two summer movie blockbusters to DVD - the Avengers and Battleship. Both released onto DVD today. I had these movies in my Netflix queue forever. Momoko also wanted to watch the Avengers. So she put the movie in her Netflix queue as well.

I normally watch my DVDs on Saturday. They movies go out in Monday's postal mail. Momoko watches her movies whenever. This past week she watched her movie and returned it in the mail on Saturday. This was a strategic return to hopefully time the release of Avengers and the shipping of the next movie in her Netflix queue.

Turns out Momoko was onto something. She got the Avengers. Netflix says they are delivering it to Momoko today. I was left out in the cold. Netflix now reports the Avengers as having a "long wait". In the mean time, I am scheduled to receive two B-movies tomorrow in the mail. What a fail.

If there is any consolation, a friend of mine told me she was buying the Avengers DVD from Amazon. She is going to loan me the DVD so my brother and I can watch it. Saved.

No comments: