Friday, September 7, 2012

Come Home Chores

Little Kat has just a few chores he need to complete when he comes home. They are called the "Come Home Chores". He is supposed to attend to them immediately when he comes home. They should not take him that long to do. Luckily I work from home, and I listen out for Little Kat's return home.

I usually give Little Kat a half hour or more before I come up and check on him. One day this week, Little Kat came home on time as usual. His school is an early one. So he gets home by 3pm daily. I found Little Kat eating a snack. He heated up some leftovers or cooked a microwave meal. But none of this chores were done. What the heck?

Little Kat has a lot of time after he comes home. But if we wait until the evening, he gets really busy. That's why we have a small set of come home chores. They just need to be done. I walked Little Kat through his chores that day. Made sure he got them done. But I don't want to police him every day. We need to get him more responsible.

No comments: