Sunday, November 11, 2012

Little Kat Math Woes

Little Kat received a "D" in his Math class last quarter. I thought he actually deserved an "F". Momoko worked with him in the last week of the quarter to bombard his Math teacher with a bunch of papers turned in at the last moment. That and a decent score on a late test pulled his grade up a bit.

So in addition to making sure Little Kat turns in his class work and homework for Math, I check him every now and then. This week I saw that he got a 30% on a Math test. That is crazy low. I figure he is still suffering from some of the Math work slacking from the first quarter.

I found the page in the Math text book where the teacher got the test questions. So I assigned some of the questions for a private quiz for Little Kat. I figured I worked with him on his homework a lot this week in Math. He had to be a bit better.

He only got a 45% on the quiz I gave him. We went over each of the problems together after he took my quiz. I taught him some new concepts, and showed him where he made his mistakes. Then I assigned him a new quiz.

Little Kat only got a 50% on the new quiz. He had some further confusion over some Math topics like fractions. That killed him. He also has trouble using a variable to represent an unknown in a word problem. I guess we will continues the quizzing tomorrow. Little Kat must learn this stuff.

No comments: