Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Too Many Branches

Previously I had picked up all the leaves in the front yard. Many came down after the hurricane winds came through town. It was not too difficult of a job. I just ran the lawn mower over the leaves. That mulched them, and made it easier to bag them.

This weekend I turned to the back yard. That was not as easy. In addition to the large amount of leaves falling, many tree branches fell down as well. I ran around with my little metal grabber tool. It allows me to pick stuff off the ground without bending down. It is a life saveer.

The problem was that there were so many tree branches down. I moved the wheel barrel around the yard, filling it up as I grabbed sticks with the grabber. However when it was full, I needed to back up the branches. That slowed things down to a crawl.

In the end, I got all the branches and leaves picked up. But it took around 5 hours. I was working quickly too. Everything has been bagged. The yard actually looks quite good. I still need to take care of the leaves on the steep hills. That is a chore for next weekend.

No comments: