Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kit Kat Departs

I woke up a little late this morning. Kit Kat was still sleeping. I made a bit of noise, and sure enough, Kit Kat got up 15 minutes later. It was an hour from when we needed to leave to catch her plane. I hurried and took care of immediate issues at work. Then I brought my car closer to the house.

Kit Kat spent about 5 minutes saying goodbye to all the gerbils. Then I put her large heavy suitcase in the back seat of my car. On the ride to the airport, we discussed Kindle books. I am on a free electronic book binge. Kit Kat reads electronic books as well, having just purchased the Kindle Fire tablet.

The airport hourly parking lot was crowded. I saw why when we entered the terminal. The lines to check in were huge. I had to leave Kit Kat at that point. I had a work meeting I needed to return to. Thought I could grab a burger for lunch. Should have went to McDonald's. Instead I waited forever in line at Fuddrucker's. But oh that burger was good.

At home I texted Kit Kat a few hours later. She made it fine onto the plane and met her dad. Then I decided to take Kit Kat's car for a spin. Had to get into the habit of driving it around so the battery does not die while Kit Kat is away for a whopping 4 weeks. She did not leave me a lot of gas in her car.

No comments: