Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Vacation Time

Little Kat proposed that we take a trip during Christmas break. He thought we should hit the beach. So I made reservations for an Oceanfront hotel room. Little Kat packed the night before the trip. In the morning, I saw that there was snow on the ground. Momoko declared that I would need to drive if there was bad weather. Therefore I sent her out to get us breakfast before the trip. She did a lot of complaining about even driving down the street to McDonald's.

Before we left, I noticed mold in the shower. I could not leave for a few days while mold stayed unchecked. So I broke out the bleach and gave the shower a scrub down. That took a bit of energy out of me. I buckled down and drove the car to the beach anyway.

We drove by the Post Office on the way out to deposit our mail. We also dropped Momoko at the bookstore to purchase the Alchemist, a book the family plans to start reading on vacation. Then we were off. We left early enough to avoid rush hour traffic. Half way through the trip, we stopped at Sonic for lunch. It was most tasty.

The rain got treacherous as we neared the beach. Luckily the was not such a huge line to check into the hotel.

No comments: