Monday, December 24, 2012

Pesky Branch

I had decided to take a buddy of mine out for lunch to celebrate his birthday. The day before I had spied the opening of a Roy Rogers restaurant close to my house. I was tempted to take him there for old times sake. But I figured he deserved something a bit more fancy that burgers and fries. We ended up going to a New Orleans style restaurant. There we took advantage of their tasty breakfast buffet.

On the way back home, I ran over a branch that was on our street. I recalled that Momoko had swerved earlier in the week to avoid this very branch. Wouldn't any slackers bother to pick up the branch and remove it from the street? I guess not. So I walked down the street and collected the branch. I was more disturbed that the end of the branch showed it was cut with a saw. This was not a random branch that fell from a tree. Somebody cut it down and left it in the street.

I gave the house by the branch an evil eye. Then I saw that there was nobody home. In fact, I rarely see the owners at the house. I guess they must not live here all the time. Still it was a fail. Can't anybody else pick up a darn stick impeding traffic? As always, I do not shy away from leading by example. Follow my lead people.

No comments: