Friday, August 7, 2015

Dress to Impress

My time on my project at work is coming to an end. So I need to find a new gig. I am going to look for other jobs in my company. Will also be looking outside the company as well. Need to make sure I keep on some payroll.

Last time I went looking for a job was around 7 years ago. The suit I wore back then no longer fits. Time to go shopping. I saw that JC Penny's had 50% off suits. Yes. They also had an additional 15% off coupon. Momoko came with me to see how I looked in the different suits.

Only two suits in the store caught my eye. I decided to buy the one that fit the best. The lady at the cash register rang me up. The wrong amount came up. I told her the prices on display. She took my word for it and manually overrode the register. I got a great deal.

Last I visited this custom tailoring shop we walk by every weekend when we go out to lunch. This was the first time I went into the tailor shop. It was very small. Two Asian women worked there. I had trouble understanding the one I dealt with.

I put on my pants and jacket. The tailor pinned up the ends where they needed to be shortened. I return in a week to pick up my fitted suit. Now I need to get those interviews to get the job. You know what the Nightcrawler says? "You got to make the money to buy the ticket."

No comments: