Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Phone Fail

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6. My old phone was having trouble turning on and off. I am looking for a new job. So now, more than ever, I need my cell phone to work.

Last night I got an email from a recruiter. He wanted to set up a call for today. This morning I turned on my phone. I saw some annoying message that my password was not correct. Previously I had dismissed this message. I use the correct password to unlock my phone all the time.

Before work I did a test. I called my cell phone from the home phone. Left a voice mail. Then I saw the annoying message on my iPhone. Doh! It wanted me to put in my voice mail password. I did so, and found I had a couple messages waiting for me!

Luckily I called the people back. One was from a guy at my work who was on another project. He was looking for developers that had skills with a new programming language. While I have been coming up to speed in the language, I do not have the expertise yet. So I had to pass.

I did get in touch with that recruiter about a job I applied for today. The job was across town, which will lead to a long commute. I told him for the right job I could make that commute. Right job to me means good money and interesting work. For that, I will travel.

Let's see how the hiring manager and rest of the team for this job opportunity feel about my resume. All I need is for them to set up an interview. Then I can handle the rest.

No comments: