Sunday, August 2, 2015

This Chicken is a Rip

I kept seeing a Popeyes advertisement for their new rippin chicken. It was supposed to be some chicken tenders joined together at the top. They serve it with some habanero ranch sauce. Sounded tasty. So when Momoko asked where I wanted to go to dinner, I said Popeyes.

I thought I was in luck. They had the rippin chicken in platter form. That means I could get a large drinks and two sides with the thing. Yum. I ordered double red beans and rice on the side. Plus I asked to Hawaiian Punch to drink.

Usually I check the order at the store to make sure it is correct. I found that they did give me rippin chicken. But it looked like a rip off. It had about as much meat as a chicken wing. I knew something was wrong when I lifted the box up and it was really light.

To add insult to injury, Momoko got a three piece meal that was bursting with chicken meat. Oh well. You live, you learn. Popeyes specials are not that special. You get what you pay for. $3.99 for a meal means you are not getting much food.

Time to try Arby's. They say, "We have the meats."

No comments: