Friday, October 21, 2016

How the Rich Dine Out

I went out to eat dinner with my buddy from college. We regularly meet twice a month to keep in touch. Today he said a new restaurant opened up by his house. So we went to check it out. They had valet parking. But we ended up parking across the street from the place ourselves.


When we got in, we did not know what to expect. The guys in front of us had made reservations. It took a while for the hosts to figure out where to put us. The booth had tall privacy curtains if we wanted to use them. We did not.


My buddy opted for a bundled meal. It limited his choices, but also capped the costs. This place was expensive. I had just sold off some stock for a nice profit. So I figured I would not go crazy, but I would also not hold back.


I ordered an 11 ounce filet for my main course. I started with a wedge salad. And I opted to add some sautéed mushrooms on the side. My drink was a coke. Dessert was a raspberry sorbet. By the time I added taxes and tip, my share of the bill was $100. I told my buddy we would not be making this a regular dining choice until we became richer.


This place does have some appeal. The rich rappers talk about dining there. I think famous sports stars eat there too. I was surprised that the place was crowded, especially since it opened recently. All the food was delicious. A bit fancy for my tastes though.

No comments: