Saturday, October 29, 2016

Offer on Dad's House

Today my realtor told me that someone had made an offer on dad's house. They came in at 10% under the asking price. However they did not request any help with settlement funds. Plus they were doing a conventional loan, planning to put down 20%.

I went back and forth with my realtor until I just asked her to forward the offer to me. There were about 20 pages in the main offer, plus 10 pages full of addendums. I discussed the offer with my brother. We decided not to accept the offer as is. Instead we plan to counter with a reasonable offer.

The good part of this plan is that we can settle by the end of the year. I would like to be done with this house. My brother would too, as he maintains the landscaping. Getting this home ready for sale was a real chore. We spent most of the year doing that. Although we did hire professionals to help with the renovation, managing them was a lot of work.

No comments: