Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Mouse Trapped

I got a hunger right before I went to sleep. So I came downstairs and heated up some mini-burgers in the microwave. I spotted a mouse running across the floor in the library. How did that little guy get in there? No matter. Time to get him out.

I went to my closet downstairs and pulled out the trusty mouse trap. They are disposable. Put on my big garden gloves. Put a piece of cheese on the end and pulled the trap open. I used a grabber tool to set the trap down in the library under the coat rack.

I was startled when the trap went off as I put it on the floor. No trouble. I was holding it with the grabber tool. Pulled the trap back open while the big gloves were on my hands. I texted the family to ensure the gerbil was kept in the cage until the trap had been sprung.

The next morning I got up at 5am. Sure enough, the mouse was caught in the trap. I wrapped it up with 5 or 6 pages of newspaper. Then I wrapped the newspaper up in a couple plastic grocery bags. Finally I put the grocery bags in the trash bag from the trash can and took it outside.

Let's hope this mouse snuck in while the side door was open. I am pegging it a one time occurrence.

No comments: