Saturday, October 1, 2016

Delay of Baseball Game

Some guys at work wanted to see a baseball game together. Sounded good to me. One guy got the tickets. He said he would meet us outside the stadium. This is a relatively new baseball team. I have not seen them live yet. I planned for heavy traffic due to the rain. Took me an hour and a half to get to the stadium.


There was a variety of parking options. All of them were expensive. I chose the cheapest option. That meant I had to walk eight blocks to get to the stadium. I went to the gate that was closest to our seats and waited. The guy who got the tickets was 30 minutes late. But it did not matter. The game start was delayed due to rain.


I had done some research on the food available at the stadium. I told the boys I was going to get a cheesesteak gyro. My ticket gave me five bucks off the exorbitant food prices. It was like getting a free Coke. I headed up to the seats with my meal. I brought a trash bag to sit on to keep the water away from me. I chowed down on the cheesesteak as the sauce dripped down on my good shirt.


The guys never showed up. The game started an hour and 45 minutes late. I checked my phone and found a bunch of messages from the guys. They were too cold and wet to watch the game. They took off. I called them up and said I was staying to watch the game. There was a bunch of people behind me speaking Japanese. I recognized their language. They lasted for three innings.


The visiting team scored four unanswered runs early on. But somewhere in the middle of the game, our team got two home runs back to back. They also scored two other runs that inning to tie the game. Eventually the other team gained the lead. At the seventh inning I decided to call it quits. The rain had got me wet and it was indeed cold. My GPS took me through a bunch of back streets with stop signs.


I got home to find that Kit Kat had already got off work and beat me home.

No comments: