Monday, September 27, 2010

Empty Cupboards

I admit I stayed up a little too late last night. It was not my fault. I discovered a new anime on Netflix on demand. So I left work as soon as I could this afternoon. I came home, did my chores, and went to sleep. In a dream I thought I heard Kit Kat come home from school. Then I heard a knock at my bedroom doom. Kit Kat said Momoko wanted me downstairs to help figure out what to do for dinner.

That's right. Momoko did not go grocery shopping this weekend. She was too busy grading and entering grades for school progress reports. So we did not have much to prepare for dinner. Momoko asked if I had the energy to go out to dinner tonight. I was actually feeling a little bit sick. Everybody else was ready to go. So I agreed.

We headed out to the Outback Steak House. Kit Kat drove us in Momoko's car. She parked at the back of the parking lot where there were not many cars. This was unfortunate since it was raining. We got seated at this huge table. But nobody came to wait on us. I had to go talk to the hostess station guy to get some service. Once we did get a waitress, the food was nice. I tried a wedge salad as an appetizer. Almsot all of us ordered some sauteed mushrooms. We were all full by the time we left.

Kit Kat drove us to the gas station where Little Kat tried to clean the windshield. He had an inefficient technique. The water kept coming back down over the place where he wiped on the windshield. Once home, Momoko made Kit Kat back the car into the driveway. It was raining and late at night. It took a few tries. But Kit Kat got the car lined up in the driveway.

No comments: