Sunday, September 12, 2010

Theme Park Adventure

My company had an employee appreciation day this weekend. They rented out a theme park for us. I only got two tickets. So I went with Little Kat. The traffic to get there was terrible. I almost turned around and went home before arriving. However we charged on. It was raining at our house. However after 2+ hours of driving, we found the theme park to be sunny weather.

Little Kat and I made a bee line to the go karts. He came in first place after the 10 laps of driving. It took over an hour in line to ride the go karts, But it was worth it. By the time we were done there, we were starved. Luckily there was free food in the pavilions. Little Kat and I loaded up on food. I was disappointed they had no free burgers. Little Kat was more disturbed that there was no chili for his hot dogs.

Next Little Kat tried to get me to ride some crazy spider looking spinner. No thanks. I held his bag as he went on it alone. We searched for some bumper cars next. One was closed for the summer. The other was for little kids. Little Kat tried to win a Domo stuffed animal by playing some carnival game. No luck there. We returned to the go kart. It was fun again. We grabbed some free soft drinks. I was worried about the drive home. So Little Kat bought some souvenirs and we went home.

The drive home had a lot of bad traffic too. However we got home in around 2 hours. Grabbed some burgers at Burger King. After dinner it was time to go to bed. It is a school and work night.

No comments: