Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grassy Situation

Some time ago I visited a surplus store. It was a bit creepy. The aisles were way too small. There were a lot of people there. The staff did not seem to know where stuff was located. The inventory was a mix of weird stuff. I ended up getting a bag of grass seed.

Now I will say the grass seed cost about half the amount I normally pay at the store. However grass is only worthwhile if it grows. I dropped the seed on top of some topsoil atop a hill I sort of built up. Previously the area was eroding making it hard to walk on. So I built up a flat piece of land which had no grass.

After I planted the grass, I kind of forgot about it. Today I was outside picking up the paper. Then I went to the back yard to check up on some plants I planted a long time ago. That's when I saw the field of grass. This cheap grass had actually grown. There were some bare spots. But most of the area was a deep green. If this grass actually stays through the cold season, I will be a big winner. Too bad the surplus place won't have this grass seed any more. They just sell whatever odd lots they have and that is the end of it. Maybe I should drive back and see whether there is any grass seed left right now.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Yeah for the color green.