Sunday, November 14, 2010

Value Searching

Little Kat and I have the weekly duty to do the Walmart / Target shopping. This week was no different. We usually go on Sundays. I subscribe to the newspaper 7 days a week. The Sunday paper has plenty of coupons. You know I am clipping them to maximize our value.

One coupon I clipped was to save on some plastic bags. I brought Little Kat to the aisle where they were. He showed me the brand they like. I told him I had a coupon for another brand. But the coupon does not tell the whole story. We compared prices between the favorite brand and the discounted brand. Turns out the favorite brand was cheaper (most like due to a store discount). We ended up getting the brand the kids like. Using coupons is nice. But the main objective is to save money.

In other news, we bought a new Christmas tree today. I thought we should get an imitation Douglas Fir. However Little Kat voted for an imitation pine. Momoko concurred with Little Kat. Now he wants to put up the tree really early this year. I am a bit sad that we are retiring the tree we have been faithfully using each year. But it is getting to be time.

1 comment:

Momoko said...

I will miss the old tree as well. It is the only tree we have ever had. It is time for it to be retired. This will begin a new tree era...