Friday, November 26, 2010

Big Screen TV

On Thanksgiving I woke up at 6:00 am. I heard Little Kat's alarm go off. He must have forgotten to turn off his school alarm. That's ok. I needed to get up anyway. I got in the truck and drove North to Sears. Got there at 6:50am. There were people already waiting outside the doors.

I figured it was cold outside. So I thought I would wait in the car until 6:58 or 6:59 before getting out. There were already a lot of people there. If I got out immediately, it would do not good. I was shocked as the Sears employees opened the doors at 6:55am.

People all seemed to head towards the electronics department where I wanted to go. I got out of the truck and ran to the front doors. Other people were waiting in their cars like me and I needed to beat them. Once inside I saw a sales associate chatting with a customer. I gave the customer the evil eye and he left. Yes.

The salesman sold me a 50 inch Zenith plasma TV for $499. I've been watching the prices on these TVs for about a year. They seemed to hover between $599 and $699. I did see an inferior one go on sale for $550 once. I bought a better one for $499. I ran out and drove to the merchandise pickup. The thing fit in the back of my truck (barely). When I got home, I used the dolly to wheel the thing into the living room. Nobody was up yet. I figured I would wait for Little Kat to wake up before opening the thing. He was just as excited as I was about getting a big screen TV.

1 comment:

Momoko said...

The TV is huge and it looks awesome!!! I cannot wait to watch my Vikings play on the big screen!