Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Demanding Good Service

Yesterday I went shopping for a second lawnmower. I chose the least expensive one that was on sale. It was a mid-range model by cost. The bag in the back that holds clippings was easy to remove and attach. I decided to buy it.

My truck was ready to transport the lawn mower. I waited 10 minutes before I saw anyone in the pick up department. I chatted with some other guys waiting for pick up. When I finally got my lawn mower, I asked for a $5 off coupon you get if they take more than 5 minutes.

The joker working pick up could only find an expired coupon. No way. He could not find me a manager in his department. So I got sent upstairs to see the big boss.In the end, a manager took 5 bucks off my purchase price. Let's hope the product itself is good quality.

No comments: