Sunday, June 26, 2011

Going Trucking

We have been looking for a new car that Kit Kat can drive. There was another option. I could get a new truck. Then Kit Kat could drive my car. The weekend paper had some steals advertised on trucks. Today Momoko did my Target shopping so I could go truck shopping.

The dealerships were 30 minutes away. I drove to the Ford. They sold out the super deal on their small truck. That's okay. I took a look at another small Ford. It did not have the room in the cabin that I needed. Their big truck was impressive. It had a V8 engine. It also had a long 8 foot bed, and lot of room behind the seat. However the suspension seemed raised high. I had trouble getting into the truck. They also required me to finance the thing with them to get one of the discounts.

Next I went to Chevy. I got a rookie salesperson. He could not find the truck I wanted to see. He had to run back in and ask his manager for help. We found the truck. It was nice because it has a lowered suspension. Perfect for Momoko and Kit Kat. It was also cheaper than the Ford. The truck is really stripped down. There is not power windows, power locks, CD player, or anything. But you can't beat the price.

I am going to sleep on this and see how I feel about the truck in the morning.

No comments: