Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No Fiesta For Ford

We had one more small car to see before we made out final decision for the new car. This was the Ford Fiesta. The local dealer final got in some Fiestas. Before work, the family visited the dealership. The first car we checked out was the Fiesta hatchback. I knew we were in trouble when Little Kat got in the back seat and those it was tight.

Next we took a look at the Fiesta sedan. It had more room. But the back seat was still too small. I could fit in the front seat if I moved it back and all the way down. However that was no good. We need a new car that the whole family can sit in. That means we were down to either a Honda Fit that Momoko would buy, or a Chevy pickup truck that I would buy (and let Kit Kat use my car).

I thought about all our goals during the work day. The truck was okay. It was automatic transmission so Kit Kat or Momoko could drive it in a pinch. It also had a nice long 8 foot bed to haul long items. But I was not ready to drive this thing every day. It did not have any options at all. Too basic. The price was right. But it was not the right truck. The right truck costs just too much for us now.

So now we are down to just the Honda Fit. Momoko is making plans on how to get the right trim and color at the right price. If all goes well, we should have the car in a couple days. I am still a little hesitant to get a brand new car that costs what I think is a lot of money. But we have the need.

No comments: