Friday, June 10, 2011

Had a Bad Day

This was a tough week. I was sick but had to work. There was a very complex large problem that I needed to solve. I spent 12 hours working on Tuesday. Other people on my team had severe trouble with their work, so they needed help from me. I was hoping that today would be a quiet Friday.

By the time I woke up, I had a lot of phone messages. I could not listen to them because my home phone and cell phone were ringing. Those team members that needed help before were stuck. Their fix did not work and the customer was pissed.

I wanted to go into work and help out the team. My boss told me we did not have time for that. I had to log in from home and figure out what was up. Eventually I discovered what was wrong. By then I had missed breakfast and lunch. Epic work fail. This was not even my work. The peeps on my team had fallen down and could not get up.

No comments: