Thursday, June 2, 2011

Warehouse Pickup

Today I planned to pick up our new dishwasher at the store's warehouse. My sales associate gave me printed directions on how to get to the store. I was going to drop by the warehouse at lunch. But a meeting ran late through lunch time.

Next I figured I would go after work to pick up the washer. Guess what? Another meeting was running late. Luckily my meetings are all using conference calls over the phone. I participated in the meeting, but then just dropped off after about an hour. Let's hope they don't miss me.

I was thinking ahead and brought my truck to work. I followed the instructions on the paper. It had me following a road through many turns. I got to one stoplight and realized I needed to make a right turn. Good thing there was no traffic because I made that right turn from the middle lane.

Then I took a drive and my instincts told me I needed to go right. I could not find any street signs at the intersections. I decided to trust my spider sense and turned around. Yep. I had missed a critical turn. Once I got to the warehouse, it was very easy to get my big package. Now let's get this thing installed. That's a story for another time though.

No comments: