Friday, July 29, 2011

Bearly

I hurried through my tasks at work today. We planned to take a couple hour drive to visit another college for Kit Kat. I tried to get the family to eat lunch at my favorite pizza place. I was outvoted. So Momoko treated us to Chinese food.

The traffic was not bad for the road trip. We had to pass over many mountains. The car, like others, struggled to climb the steep inclines. I got up early so I was dozing off in the car. Momoko and Kit Kat started talking about some animal on the side of the road. At first they could not identify it. Then they realized it was a young bear. It was the first bear we ever saw outside of the zoo. Whew. The bear wanted to come on the highway. But it changed its mind.

We did a dry run by campus before the tour. It felt small. You could not drive through the heart of campus. Most roads were one way. There were lots of restricted parking lots. For dinner Momoko found a Western Sizzler. I thought this was like the Sizzler restaurants we used to have. Nope. Turns out it is more like the old Ponderosa. Tomorrow we return to campus for the tour.

No comments: