Friday, July 22, 2011

Shot Down

With Kit Kat driving a new car that Momoko bought, the parking at our house is getting tough. We line up three cars in our driveway. The problem is that our driveway is only one lane. That means we play musical cars when we need to get cars out. That is getting old.

My plan is to get a new driveway lane paved. I found some contractors who would do the job at a reasonable price. The only catch is that I have to go get the permit for the work. Today I went to the county permit office. I had my application filled out. I also came with copies of my site plan. This is a document that shows our property boundary lines, along with where everything sits on our property.

The parks and planning division immediately rejected my plan. They told me it was not drawn to scale. I told them the plan was based on documents I received when I bought the house. They thought maybe somebody faxes the documents, skewing them (they grew in height but not in width, making all the proportions wrong). Now I need to hire a surveyor to draw up correct site plans. Can you say ka-ching $$$?

No comments: