Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Unlocked

We have been having some difficulty with the lock on our house door. The front door lock was always a bit messed up. We could not use the key to get in. Now the side door that we always use got hosed.

I got up early this morning to go to work. But I could not get the side door locked from the outside. The key would just not go all the way into the lock. It took a while to wake Momoko to come down and lock the door behind me. She stays up late in the summer.

During lunch, Momoko went to the store to buy replacement locks. We just need some deadbolts. The trick is to get a pair of them (for the front and side doors) that all use the same key. Momoko suceeded.

I worked hard all day to be able to leave on time. Momoko and Kit Kat had already left to a picture appointment. They had to leave the house unlocked. That's why I rushed home. I replaced just the deadbolts on the two doors. Now we are well again. Time to make copies of the new keys.

No comments: