Saturday, July 9, 2011

Construction No Show

With a new car in the family, we need more room in the driveway. So I called 3 concrete guys from the local paper. One cat came and said it would cost a whopping $10k to add a lane to our driveway. The other two cats did not show up. Dang.

This morning I woke up late to find a message on the answering machine. One of the other cats had called saying he was coming over. What? He already missed his earlier estimate of when he would come. Then he just shows up. I called him back and he seemed confused about what we needed. He told me he would need to call me back. He never did. So I guess he is out. Momoko wanted me to talk to him because he said he could do the work for $5k.

Another one of the cats I called finally called me back. This was a few days after he said he could come by. Fail. He apologized and promised he would visit first thing tomorrow morning. If he does show up, and has a good price I will consider him. We need this work done. And I don't have a lot of cheese to spend on this project.

No comments: