Thursday, October 13, 2011

Deer Crossing

I dropped by home for lunch today. Since it is my college class night, I plan to head to school directly from work. Figured I could use a break at home during lunch. After a delicious Chinese food meal, I headed back out to work.

There was a small Honda following me pretty closely. I decided to take it easy and drive slowly. The Honda made the same right turn I did within our housing development. The speed limit was 25 mph. I decided to keep it around 30 mph, which feels quite slow.

Going slow was a good decision. A deer jumped out in front of me. I was able to avoid hitting it because my car was put putting down the street. I kept it slow. The deer seemed to want to run along the side of the road along with the car. I guess it thought I was chasing it. Then the deer jumped back in front of me to cross the street again.

I looked in the mirror and saw the small Honda spotted the deer and slowed down a lot as well. Looks like I saved a deer life today. Kept my car intact took. *pats self on back*

No comments: