Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mosquito Invasion

A week or two ago Momoko told me she smelled something funky in our bedroom. It was a rancid smell. We hoped it would go away. No luck. Instead, the smell remained, and we got a bunch of mosquitos in our bedroom and bathroom.

Now I was killing the mosquitos when I saw them. It was tought because they hovered on the ceiling. Had to get a chair to get taller to smush them. Last night I went upstairs and killed about 10 mosquitos. This was too much. We needed to act, and act fast.

I figured they might be coming from our window air conditioning unit, or maybe the exhaust fan in our bathroom. Both of those are new this year. Momoko recommended spraying them with mosquito repellant. I opened up the A/C and found a lot of dust and mosquitos. I cleaned it out and sprayed the repellant everywhere.

The repellent was supposed to be odorless. But I smelled it when I went to bed. This morning I turned off the A/C and opened the windows. The smell went away. When I came home and turned the A/C back on, the smell returned a bit. Might have to wait for it to get out of the system. Let's hope this eliminated the mosquito problem at least.

No comments: