Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Back to School Night

Little Kat's school had their annual back-to-school night this week. Momoko could not attend because there is just too much fast paced walking involved. I did not think Kit Kat could attend because she would just not ask all the hard questions of the teachers. Therefore I was up to bat.

I made Little Kat accompany me. In fact, I made him drive to the school to get in some driving practice. The school lot was full as we arrived just as the event started. As usual, the principal was giving his pep talk. He also had his lietenants speak to us. I was impressed by the athletics director. He was a top notch public speaker.

Some of Little Kat's classes were in temporary buildings. Strangely enough, Little Kat prefers them because the heat can be manually controlled in the winter to guarantee a warm environment. I spied a number of good looking young girls that Little Kat should be meeting this year. Momoko and Little Kat disagree with me. So I am outvoted.

I took lots of notes and asking important questions such as what the teachers' emails addresses were. Little Kat's chemistry teacher went to my alma mater. The final teacher we visited was Little Kat's English teacher, who just started the day before since she replaced another teacher that left. Little Kat and I cut out of that class to beat the rush out of the parking lot while driving home.

I have already reached out and emailed each of Little Kat's teachers to ensure we have their correct email addresses. Got to start out on the right foot.

No comments: