Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fast and Slow

I bought Little Kat some red Converse knock off sneakers online recently. They were a size eleven. But they ran small and did not fit Little Kat. Had to go to the Post Office today to return the shoes. I was following an old lady from India into the Post Office. She walked slow. I was patient behind her.

Inside the Post Office, there were a few people in line but they were not ready. So I blew past them and got helped right away. That was quick. As I exited the Post Office, there were a long line of people waiting to be helped. Glad I came early on my lunch break.

On the way home, I did a right turn on red. Punched it as I pulled out in front of an 18-wheeler. I had time to spare. Plus my manual transmission lets me accelerate fast. Turned the corner on the main road to find that it was blocked off. Cops closed the road for a funeral procession.

I figured once the people got out of the funeral home, I was safe. Nope. The cops closed off all intersections all the way down the road. I just had to be patient. Sometimes you get lucky and jump to the front of the line. Other times you hurry up only to wait.

No comments: