Saturday, September 27, 2014

Hitting the Gym

Recently I noticed my gut was sticking out more than normal. Not good. I get a workout once a week doing yard work. But that is not enough. Couple that with eating a lot of bad foods means poor health. Time to hit the gym - our indoor gym downstairs.

I figured I could spend 5 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the stationary bike. First I wanted to lift some weight. Little Kat's bench press was unused in the corner of the room. There were not even any weights attached to his barbell.

I struggled to figure out how to unlock his tool box that housed the clamps to secure the weight to the barbell. It was a trick lock. Then I loaded the heaviest weights onto the edges of the barbell. I lift it to check it out. Still not heavy enough. Added some of the second heaviest plates onto the end. Good to go.

Then I walked on the treadmill, reading my latest eBook on my Kindle app. After 5 minutes of walking, I actually felt good. I was sweating. But I was not out of breath. That might be because I had the treadmill on no include and a slower speed. I decided to go 15 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the bike.

Watch out world. I am getting fit 15 minutes at a time.

No comments: