Thursday, September 25, 2014

New Car Shopping

Little Kat is going to test for his license next month. He is now practicing with Kit Kat's car, a 2011 Honda Fit Sport. Little Kat has decided that my old Scion xB is not fit (no pun intended) to take to his driver's license test due to some dings in the windshield.

In the bigger scheme of things, I previously planned to let Little Kat drive my xB when he got his license. Momoko already bought a car for Kit Kat. There is no more budget for another car for Little Kat. But Little Kat says he finds my car underpowered. Yeah. It is not a sports car. It is a fun looking car.

I told Little Kat that I no longer had any strong ties to the Scion xB. The only reason I had no sold it when I got another car was that I figured we would need an extra car for Little Kat. So I plan to swap it out for a car with more horsepower. Little Kat requested that I buy a sedan instead of a hatchback fo him. We will see what we can do.

I would like to buy an entry level, minimal options new car for a low price. Little Kat is advocating for a slightly used car with a lot of high end options. Here are the 2015 models that Yahoo autos says are good (and that I think I can afford):
  • Honda Fit
  • Hyundai Sonata
  • Volkswagon Golf
  • Toyota Camry
  • Chrysler 200

No comments: