Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Concert

Kit Kat had scheduled to go with her college friends to a concert this weekend. One of her friends bailed on her. So she had an extra ticket that she could not sell. Instead of letting it go to waste, she invited Little Kat to come along with her.

They all got a ride from one of Kit Kat's friend's brother. The concert was up in a big city North of us. They just needed a ride home. Momoko told Kit Kat there was no way she would drive her home. It was up to me. Since this would be Little Kat's first concert, and one of the few times we let him hang out with Kit Kat's friends, I accepted the assignment.

I printed out directions to get there using MapQuest. I also studied the map around the concert venue. Also packed my GPS with me. I brought my old car because it has automatic transmission, and it stands out in a crowd.

I left with time to spare. Got into the city early. However once I got within a few blocks of the concert venue, the traffic came to a stand still. I decided to park on a street a few blocks away. I called Kit Kat on her phone and gave her directions to get to my car. Good thing my phone has a map app that is pretty good.

When Kit Kat turned the corner, I saw her and called her. They all loaded into my car. I cut across traffic and headed away from the madness near the concert arena. We were on the highway in no time, and back home in a half hour. I dropped Kit Kat and her friend off at the friend's house. I brought Little Kat home.

It was the first time Little Kat or Kit Kat's friend had ever seen a concert. The openers were not that great. But the headliner rocked the house. I was surprised that the concert was not a sell out. Guess this is just a town out in the middle of nowhere. There sure were a lot of people out on the streets after the concert.

No comments: