Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thrift Store Surprise

Little Kat met a boy on his bus that also has a custom built game computer. This boy apparently has a whopping four computer monitors attached to his computer. Little Kat got jealous. The secret, according to this boy, was to buy the hardware at thrift stores.

So yesterday Little Kat and I went driving to the local thrift store. This allowed Little Kat to get some more driving practice in, and to check out the cheap electronics. Little Kat almost ran a few people over in the parking lot. And he almost hit a car coming home. Just goes to demonstrate that he needs more practice.

Little Kat found a tall flat screen monitor in the store for ten bucks. It did not come with any cables. Not sure if he is going to be able to hook up the monitor. The big surprise in the store was the framed artwork in the back. Most pictures were under fifteen dollars. Some were lower than five bucks.

I picked up two pictures for my study. The family tried to convince me to hang them in the kitchen. Nope. These are all mine. I wish I knew about this goldmine earlier. I spent a lot of money decorating my study with new posters. I really with I knew about this the last time I went shopping for framed fine art.

No comments: