Thursday, April 16, 2015

Job Extended

My company does work for the government. I am always working under a contract my company has with the government. Like most things, the contract inevitably comes to an end. But the work does not. We need to keep winning the ability to do the work and profit.

Our current contract ended over a month ago. But there was no contract awarded. Oooops. I was not out of a job. We got a short extension on our project. They waited until the last minute to give us the extension. Then the extension ran out this week.

There is good news. My company won the award to service the contract. Now I don't have to go out and look for a job. I am good for a few years. Still need to think about what my next job will be after this one. It is never too early to prepare and develop the skills required.

No comments: